Sunday, July 10, 2011

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - RCA VideoDisc

The latest addition to Zach Trek is what may be Zach's favorite Star Trek movie, in what may be Zach's favorite format:


Although I don't have a VideoDisc player, and have therefore never seen a Star Trek (or other) movie played from this format, I just like the actual objects. They are large enough to appreciate the artwork on the front and the photos on the back, and once you've mastered the art of cracking them open (which you're not really supposed to do, as you could damage the disc), the discs themselves are beautiful (see photos below).



The size of these discs allowed for much more impressive
photo spreads than VHS or DVD cases.

Once you can figure out how to get them out of their protective
cases, the discs themselves are beautiful.


Coming Soon on Zach Trek: A little later than I'd planned, Zach Trek Random #4 - Part II will be a Star Trek tie-in for my celebration of America's Independence Day (see Part I). For our next collectible, join me for some time travel back to a previous stardate.

No comments:

Zach Trek Flag Counter

free counters