Thursday, September 9, 2010

"Star Trek The Collectibles" by Steve Kelley


Star Trek The Collectibles, which begins with a forward by James Doohan’s son Chris Doohan, is not only useful, but also fun to look through. It contains a dazzling number of quality photographs of the myriad items in author Steve Kelley’s collection, with photos for the majority of the items listed. I would call this book a “must have” for Star Trek collectors. The wide array of photographs give you a familiarity with a broad range of collectibles and make looking items up easy. The only catch is that this book, much as it contains, is not quite all-inclusive -- I do find items now and then not in this book. This doesn’t particularly bother me, though -- I just feel like I’ve found an unusual piece!

It should also be noted that, with only a handful of exceptions, this book deals exclusively with original series TV/movie collectibles (which is, of course, exactly what I like).

This book is available on amazon.com:

No comments:

Zach Trek Flag Counter

free counters